8 Jan 2014

Gear: Saucony Powergrid Triumph 10 Running Shoes

So after running for a couple of months in an old pair of New Balance cross trainers, I heeded my wife's advice and got a new pair of shoes back in October.  Now, I had never bought a proper pair of running shoes.  I've had high-tops, skate shoes, gym shoes (back in high school), leisure shoes, Sketchers, Vans, deck shoes... but never a proper pair of running shoes.  So I was totally out of my element.

My wife has bought a number of her running shoes from the Running Room, so I took her advice and went there.  I explained my situation, admitted to my novice running status, and that I was getting some discomfort in my knees.  They made me walk barefoot around the store and measured my feet.  They made me stand still and looked at my feet... and maybe my posture, can't remember.  Then they told me four pairs of shoes that would be ideal for me.  They were all labelled on the wall with a certain coloured sticker, which I can't remember off the top of my head.

I tried a pair of Brooks, 2 Saucony's, and a pair of Nikes.  By far, the best feel for me was the Saucony's.  So for $149 I got a pair of Saucony Powergrid Triumph 10's.

I couldn't wait to get out and try them so the next day, out I went.  I couldn't believe how light they were.  And it was like running on pillows.  If I do get them wet during a run, they're always dry by the next day.  Now, I accept that I am not comparing them to other running shoes.  But my recommendation here is not only for the shoes, but also for the Running Room staff.  Incredibly helpful and insightful.  If only all sporting goods stores knew their product like these guys do.

No comments:

Post a Comment